S/4HANA value proposition
Based on our many years of experience in implementing ERP systems and our in-depth knowledge of your business processes, we at consenso have developed our best-in-practice transformation model S/4HANA@consenso.
our best-in-practice transformation model as a value proposition!
In the medium term, due to the discontinuation of SAP's support and maintenance, SAP Business Suite, on the market since 2004, will recede behind SAP S/4HANA in terms of its importance for SAP customers. More and more existing SAP customers are looking for and planning the path towards S/4HANA, but so far only a few companies have reached this objective.
There is a consensus that the transformation to S/4HANA is not just a technical release change. Rather, it offers the opportunity to (re-)consider fundamental questions about strategic guard rails and to-be capabilities, about the mapping of processes, the application architecture, and also the infrastructure – and to consider the answers in the future S/4HANA roadmap.
In particular, the transformation target picture and the associated question "How do we get from SAP ERP to SAP S/4HANA?" come to the fore.
Based on our many years of experience in implementing ERP systems and the insights gained from current projects on SAP S/4HANA transformation, we at consenso have developed our best-in-practice transformation model S/4HANA@consenso.
The challenges of the S/4HANA transformation are very different in the companies. Our experience shows topics/areas that we encounter in all implementation/transformation projects, and which are therefore taken into account in our digitisation framework S/4HANA@consenso:
- Complexity – Clear definition of the target picture via strategic guidelines, business process model and the capability map incl. prioritisation of topics
- "Moving Target" – Rapid identification of the essential scope through best practice process model and capability map; parallelisation of project activities in order to flexibly integrate new requirements
- Standardisation – Identification of standardisation potentials by use of best practices; usage of standard processes in all workshops
- Coexistence management – Overview of target components to identify necessary parallel operation; detection of the coexistence concept in the context of decision-making
- Change management – Cross-functional workshops with business and IT to involve all participants and affected parties from the beginning; accompanying change management, integrated in all work packages
- Integration – Integration management as a central function at program levele
We make digital transformation projects manageable, controllable and faster to implement. Our approach links the strategic guard rails with the processes, the applications and the infrastructure. And the documentation is also highly relevant in order to make the activities traceable at all times.
Our added value:
- We use our proven implementation method
- Our approach is based on deep knowledge of the addressed industries (especially retail)
- Our employees have a high level of process and SAP expertise